--
Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

Destroy the little and you destroy the large.
Re: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 at 18:36, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) <book@cpan.org> wrote:

> * Release process needs better docs, maybe some more automation.

++. IMO we could do with lots more automation. There are waay too many
places where a releaser can screw up.

cheers,
Yves

Re: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
I am more than happy to wrangle GitHub actions into doing the right things
once the process is well documented

Re: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 26 Oct 2023 at 18:36, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) <book@cpan.org> wrote:

> Porters,
>
> This week we discussed the following topics:
>
> * Release process needs better docs, maybe some more automation.
> * "inward goto" has been deprecated since 5.12. We have set an end date
> for it and will announce in 5.40 that we'll remove it in 5.42.

that functionality may be needed for implementation of `yield` (generators
/ iterators generally)

Re: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 9:36?AM Philippe Bruhat (BooK) <book@cpan.org>
wrote:

> * "inward goto" has been deprecated since 5.12. We have set an end date
> for it and will announce in 5.40 that we'll remove it in 5.42.

What is this feature? I cannot find it in any pod using that name.
Re: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
> On Oct 26, 2023, at 12:13, Karen Etheridge <perl@froods.org> wrote:
>
> What is this feature? I cannot find it in any pod using that name.

Perhaps https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/16275 will give some context?

j.
Re: PSC #121 2023-10-26 [ In reply to ]
Karen Etheridge wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 9:36?AM Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
>>
>> * "inward goto" has been deprecated since 5.12. We have set an end date
>> for it and will announce in 5.40 that we'll remove it in 5.42.
>
> What is this feature? I cannot find it in any pod using that name.

Apparently it's a goto that jumps into a loop.

Google sends me here:
https://github.com/Perl/perl5/issues/16275

--
Arne Johannessen