Mailing List Archive

Perl 5.39.4 is now available!
We are happy to announce version 5.39.4,
the 4th development release of version 5.39 of Perl.

You will soon be able to download Perl 5.39.4 from your
favorite CPAN mirror or find it at:

https://metacpan.org/release/HAARG/perl-5.39.4

SHA256 digests for this release are:

89edbd64bb403136c1720aa36df114344145d75bb60ff5728a0b5eabef81edde
perl-5.39.4.tar.gz
73c5e1eb3f125206e82c23e2d03df2c62184d1acc330f99ab7624a3ade19b587
perl-5.39.4.tar.xz

You can find a full list of changes in the file "perldelta.pod" located in
the "pod" directory inside the release and on the web at

https://metacpan.org/release/HAARG/perl-5.39.4/view/pod/perldelta.pod

Perl 5.39.4 represents approximately 5 weeks of development since Perl
5.39.3 and contains approximately 46,000 lines of changes across 460 files
from 20 authors.

Excluding auto-generated files, documentation and release tools, there were
approximately 44,000 lines of changes to 390 .pm, .t, .c and .h files.

Perl continues to flourish into its fourth decade thanks to a vibrant
community of users and developers. The following people are known to have
contributed the improvements that became Perl 5.39.4:

Abe Timmerman, Amory Meltzer, Craig A. Berry, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker, Dan
Jacobson, Elvin Aslanov, Gianni Ceccarelli, Graham Knop, Jake Hamby, James E
Keenan, Joe McMahon, Karl Williamson, Leon Timmermans, Lukas Mai, Matthew
Horsfall, Paul Evans, Peter John Acklam, Tony Cook, William Lyu, Yves Orton.

The list above is almost certainly incomplete as it is automatically
generated from version control history. In particular, it does not include
the names of the (very much appreciated) contributors who reported issues to
the Perl bug tracker.

Many of the changes included in this version originated in the CPAN modules
included in Perl's core. We're grateful to the entire CPAN community for
helping Perl to flourish.

For a more complete list of all of Perl's historical contributors, please
see the F<AUTHORS> file in the Perl source distribution.

We expect to release version 5.39.5 on November 20, 2023.
The next major stable release of Perl should appear in the first half of 2024.

- Graham Knop (haarg)
Re: Perl 5.39.4 is now available! [ In reply to ]
Congrats all Perlers, and thanks Graham!

Re: Perl 5.39.4 is now available! [ In reply to ]
On 10/25/23 16:43, Graham Knop wrote:
> We are happy to announce version 5.39.4,
> the 4th development release of version 5.39 of Perl.

Thanks, Graham!