As it was requested and nobody objected, I've made a v5.39.0 tag, though there was no uploaded release. I have mixed feelings about doing this, but uploading that tarball in the future would be easy. Tagging will primarily mean a desired change to the output of git describe.

--
rjbs
Re: I tagged v5.39.0 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 4 Jul 2023 at 22:06, Ricardo Signes <perl.p5p@rjbs.manxome.org>
wrote:

> Porters,
>
> As it was requested and nobody objected, I've made a v5.39.0 tag, though
> there was no uploaded release. I have mixed feelings about doing this,

The way we manage versions is arguably broken, so I dont think there is any
way to both satisfy the people who have expectations about git-describe and
to stay faithful to the model that we use. IOW, there is no good answer
here, don't let the mixed feelings get to you.

Thanks again for your contributions and support in keeping the show running
Ricardo.

cheers,
Yves