Mailing List Archive

Barewords as both FH and DH no longer works
When did this change and is it going to change back?
Re: Barewords as both FH and DH no longer works [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Mar 23, 2023 at 09:32:35PM -0500, David Nicol wrote:
> When did this change and is it going to change back?

Do you mean:

=head2 Opening the same symbol as both a file and directory handle is no longer allowed

Using C<open()> and C<opendir()> to associate both a filehandle and a dirhandle
to the same symbol (glob or scalar) has been deprecated since Perl 5.10.

from 5.28?

Or something else?

An example would be useful.

Tony
Re: Barewords as both FH and DH no longer works [ In reply to ]
On 2023-03-23 7:32 p.m., David Nicol wrote:
> When did this change and is it going to change back?
<image of terminal output was here>

Did that example need to be an attached image rather than just copy-pasting the
terminal output into an email? I feel that a copy-paste would have been better,
and images are best saved for when there is something significant to show that
isn't just plain text. Thank you. -- Darren Duncan