• Be clear and concise.
• Don't post the same message over and over.
• In general, one topic per email.
• Don't send a barrage – give other people a turn.
• Trim irrelevant parts of emails you're replying to.
• Stick to p5p-relevant subjects.

What's the point you want to make? Write that down in one sentence. Does it stand alone? If not, work back from there.

Provide code, data, and research that provide an objective basis for your argument.
Re: Improving p5p: respect your readers’ time [ In reply to ]
> Trim irrelevant parts of emails you're replying to.

Does this mean deleting the part my mailer automatically generates?

Does this email I reply to have irrelevant parts?

Re: Improving p5p: respect your readers’ time [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 10 May 2021 02:05:34 +0200, Yuki Kimoto <kimoto.yuki@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Trim irrelevant parts of emails you're replying to.
>
> Does this mean deleting the part my mailer automatically generates?

Specifically deleting the parts of it you're not replying to. Only exception is if you think keeping the context helps the reader.

> Does this email I reply to have irrelevant parts?

Everything that doesn't support the message you're sending doesn't need to be there.

The linked email here is a good example of common email style here. :)

https://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2021/05/msg260019.html

--
With regards,
Christian Walde
Re: Improving p5p: respect your readers’ time [ In reply to ]
Christian.

> The linked email here is a good example of common email style here. :)

Thank you.

I do the same thing with that example.