Mailing List Archive

sorry if you got (sort of) dup mail..
Re: sorry if you got (sort of) dup mail.. [ In reply to ]
: I still think it would be a damn good idea though and I am not sure if this
: particular point has been addressed (the inclusion of unix commands inside the
: executable itself.)

It would be extremely difficult unless all your Unix utilities were
already available as relocatable or shared code. It would also need
multi-threading of some sort to emulate pipes. And unless everything
was a shared library, you wouldn't get to share program memory between
different processes running the same Unix utility, so performance
might not be so great.

Larry
Re: sorry if you got (sort of) dup mail.. [ In reply to ]