Mailing List Archive

Configure woes: A perl by any other name....
I have a /usr/local/bin/perl that, for various reasons, must remain
perl4. This is simple enough, I just make a backup copy of it, make
install, mv perl perl5, and then move the old perl4 to perl. The
problem is that the x2p scripts and pod2x scripts all start with
#!<binpath>/perl, and there is no Configure-based way to tell them
that perl will be called perl5. Shouldn't there be a way to say that
perl should be installed under a different name? Even if I have to
modify config.sh by hand, it would be nice to be able to do this,
without finding each and every occurance of #!.*perl and doing the
s///.

On the other hand, perhaps they should reference the
"find" the right version if there are multiple installed.

-AJS