Mailing List Archive

Re: mangled mail again
> Your message came through with 4 "Mime-Version: 1.0" lines and a bunch of
> apparently spurious "=" signs included. I've attached it complete with
> header below. Is the mailing list system fouling up again? It seems to be
> adding "=\n" after the 74th character of long (>74 character) lines and
> doing something similar with places where I would have expected accent
> grave or accent circonflex.

That's because I had the audacity to put French in my posting.

GRRRRRRRR. Why hasn't it been fixed??? I've have a mind to send out *ALL* my
mail in non-English just to tweak off the broken list handler.

Why aren't we using a normal list handler like majordomo -- or are we?
If so, I can't believe others tolerate this crud. It must have a fix.

> By the way, your new Perl Data Structures manual (or whatever it's called)
> is VERY HELPFUL.

Glad you like it. I now have both the general tips and the
lists of lists docs expanded into full form. I encourage feedback,
although I sure haven't gotten much -- I guess it's all obvious stuff
to folks on this list.

Here are some URLs for you

http://www.perl.com/perl/pdsc/
ftp://ftp.perl.com/pub/perl/info/everything_to_know/data_structures/

--tom
Re: mangled mail again [ In reply to ]
Strange sunspot activity caused Tom Christiansen <tchrist@mox.perl.com> to writ
e:
| > Your message came through with 4 "Mime-Version: 1.0" lines and a bunch of
| > apparently spurious "=" signs included. I've attached it complete with
|
| That's because I had the audacity to put French in my posting.

That's strange. I got two copies of it. One came through Ok, but with the
octals instead of the french (big deal, I couldn't read it anyway ;-), the
second like described above, minus the Mime-Version: problem.

| Why aren't we using a normal list handler like majordomo -- or are we?
| If so, I can't believe others tolerate this crud. It must have a fix.

I don't remember ever having problems with majordomo, and I used it to run
a couple of international lists.

-spp