Mailing List Archive

OpenStack Design Summit 2011 Partner Update
Partners:

I want to keep you updated on the planning activities for the OpenStack event in April 2011. We have finalized the date as April 26 - 29, 2011 and are actively looking in the Silicon Valley area for a location to host the event. Here is the latest on location options:

1) San Francisco Fairmont Hotel - They have space for the event and are offering hotel rates at $209 a night + tax. The primary issue here is cost of food and A/V. A preliminary analysis of costs put the event into the above $250,000 price range which is too high. A follow-up call is planned to negotiate down their food and A/V costs but I have low expectations of substantial price reductions.
2) Google Facility in Valley - We have contacted Google to inquire about using their conference facility ; awaiting response
3) Microsoft Facility in Valley - We have contacted Microsoft to inquire about using their conference facility in Mountain View - Microsoft is looking into the possibility to host
4) Dolce Hayes Mansion - We have contacted this hotel and are actively putting together a proposal with them for the event; there are two other events looking at this property for this week so we may lose out due to availability
5) Hyatt Santa Clara - There is availability for this facility; negotiations for a proposal are starting today
6) Computer History Museum in Silicon Valley - It appears that they have availability and room for our event based on their posted schedule; I have left a message and am waiting for a follow-up
7) CVENT - I have contacted this organization to assist in a search for a facility in the area - I anticipate getting more information from them later this week as they contact facilities in the area
8) San Francisco Convention Bureau - I am working directly with this group to find facilities to host our event

As you can see, we are doing our best to investigate every possibility in the area including hotels, convention facilities, museums, corporate offices, and other alternative sites. If you are aware of a location for me to investigate, please let me know as I am hoping to have a facility and budget in place by the end of this month.

Once again, thanks for your contribution as a partner to OpenStack and I look forward to working together on our upcoming OpenStack Design Summit event in April 2011.

Stephen Spector - OpenStack Community Manager
PHONE: Office: +1 (512) 539-1162 - Mobile: +1 (210) 415-0930
ONLINE INFO: stephen.spector at openstack.org \\ OpenStack Blog \\ @opnstk_com_mgr