if you notice something, just know that you are submitting to the
Forum. URL is here:

https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/call-for-presentations

Looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!

If you have questions or concerns about the process, please don't
hesitate to reach out.

Cheers,
Jimmy
Re: [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period [ In reply to ]
On 9/17/2018 11:13 AM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> Hello Everyone!
>
> The Forum Topic Submission session started September 12 and will run
> through September 26th.  Now is the time to wrangle the topics you
> gathered during your Brainstorming Phase and start pushing forum topics
> through. Don't rely only on a PTL to make the agenda... step on up and
> place the items you consider important front and center.
>
> As you may have noticed on the Forum Wiki
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum), we're reusing the normal CFP
> tool this year. We did our best to remove Summit specific language, but
> if you notice something, just know that you are submitting to the
> Forum.  URL is here:
>
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/call-for-presentations
>
> Looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!
>
> If you have questions or concerns about the process, please don't
> hesitate to reach out.
>
> Cheers,
> Jimmy

Just a process question. I submitted a presentation for the normal
marketing blitz part of the summit which wasn't accepted (I'm still
dealing with this emotionally, btw...) but when I look at the CFP link
for Forum topics, my thing shows up there as "Received" so does that
mean my non-Forum-at-all submission is now automatically a candidate for
the Forum because that would not be my intended audience (only suits and
big wigs please).

Matt

Re: [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period [ In reply to ]
Hey Matt,

Matt Riedemann wrote:

> Just a process question.

Good question.
> I submitted a presentation for the normal marketing blitz part of the
> summit which wasn't accepted (I'm still dealing with this emotionally,
> btw...)
If there's anything I can do...
> but when I look at the CFP link for Forum topics, my thing shows up
> there as "Received" so does that mean my non-Forum-at-all submission
> is now automatically a candidate for the Forum because that would not
> be my intended audience (only suits and big wigs please).
Forum Submissions would be considered separate and non-Forum submissions
will not be considered for the Forum. The submission process is based on
the track you submit to and, in the case of the Forum, we separate this
track out from the rest of the submission process.

If you think there is still something funky, send me a note via
speakersupport@openstack.org or jimmy@openstack.org and I'll work
through it with you.

Cheers,
Jimmy

Re: [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period [ In reply to ]
Sylvain Bauza wrote:

> Le mer. 19 sept. 2018 à 00:41, Jimmy McArthur <jimmy@openstack.org
> <mailto:jimmy@openstack.org>> a écrit :
SNIP

> Same as I do :-) Unrelated point, for the first time in all the
> Summits I know, I wasn't able to know the track chairs for a specific
> track. Ideally, I'd love to reach them in order to know what they
> disliked in my proposal.
They were listed on an Etherpad that was listed under Presentation
Selection Process in the CFP navigation. That has since been overwritten
w/ Forum Selection Process, so let me try to dig that up. We publish
the Track Chairs every year.

SNIP

> I have another question, do you know why we can't propose a Forum
> session with multiple speakers ? Is this a bug or an expected
> behaviour ? In general, there is only one moderator for a Forum
> session, but in the past, I clearly remember we had some sessions that
> were having multiple moderators (for various reasons).
Correct. Forum sessions aren't meant to have speakers like a normal
presentation. They are all set up parliamentary style w/ one or more
moderators. However, the moderator can manage the room any way they'd
like. If you want to promote the people that will be in the room, this
can be added to the abstract.

Re: [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period [ In reply to ]
On 9/17/2018 11:13 AM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> The Forum Topic Submission session started September 12 and will run
> through September 26th.  Now is the time to wrangle the topics you
> gathered during your Brainstorming Phase and start pushing forum topics
> through. Don't rely only on a PTL to make the agenda... step on up and
> place the items you consider important front and center.
>
> As you may have noticed on the Forum Wiki
> (https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Forum), we're reusing the normal CFP
> tool this year. We did our best to remove Summit specific language, but
> if you notice something, just know that you are submitting to the
> Forum.  URL is here:
>
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/call-for-presentations
>
> Looking forward to seeing everyone's submissions!
>
> If you have questions or concerns about the process, please don't
> hesitate to reach out.

Another question. In the before times, when we just had that simple form
to submit forum sessions and then the TC/UC/Foundation reviewed the list
and picked the sessions, it was very simple to see what other sessions
were proposed and say, "oh good someone is covering this already, I
don't need to worry about it". With the move to the CFP forms like the
summit sessions, that is no longer available, as far as I know. There
have been at least a few cases this week where someone has said, "this
might be a good topic, but keystone is probably already covering it, or
$FOO SIG is probably already covering it", but without herding the cats
to ask and find out who is all doing what, it's hard to know.

Is there some way we can get back to having a public view of what has
been proposed for the forum so we an avoid overlap, or at worst not
proposing something because people assume someone else is going to cover it?

Matt

Re: [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period [ In reply to ]
Matt,

Another good question...

Matt Riedemann wrote:
> On 9/17/2018 11:13 AM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:

SNIP

> Another question. In the before times, when we just had that simple
> form to submit forum sessions and then the TC/UC/Foundation reviewed
> the list and picked the sessions, it was very simple to see what other
> sessions were proposed and say, "oh good someone is covering this
> already, I don't need to worry about it". With the move to the CFP
> forms like the summit sessions, that is no longer available, as far as
> I know. There have been at least a few cases this week where someone
> has said, "this might be a good topic, but keystone is probably
> already covering it, or $FOO SIG is probably already covering it", but
> without herding the cats to ask and find out who is all doing what,
> it's hard to know.
>
> Is there some way we can get back to having a public view of what has
> been proposed for the forum so we an avoid overlap, or at worst not
> proposing something because people assume someone else is going to
> cover it?
This is basically the CFP equivalent:
https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/vote-for-speakers Voting
isn't necessary, of course, but it should allow you to see submissions
as they roll in.

Does this work for your purposes?

Thanks,
Jimmy

Re: [openstack-dev] Forum Topic Submission Period [ In reply to ]
On 9/20/2018 10:23 AM, Jimmy McArthur wrote:
> This is basically the CFP equivalent:
> https://www.openstack.org/summit/berlin-2018/vote-for-speakers  Voting
> isn't necessary, of course, but it should allow you to see submissions
> as they roll in.
>
> Does this work for your purposes?

Yup, that should do it, thanks!

Matt