Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] Re: [OpenInfra Event Update] OpenInfra Summit Asia reg price, OpenInfra Meetup Switzerland reg is open and expected attendee numbers
Hi everyone!

Apologies for not responding earlier. Allison, Horace and I spent last week in Korea with the local organizers attending a site visit for the OpenInfra Summit Asia. We were able to make a lot of progress in terms of planning onsite logistics, developing the timeline for the CfP/registration, and planning for the co-location between the OCP Summit and OpenInfra Summit Asia. We are really excited to share these updates with you very soon!

In terms of the North America event, I am happy to run the idea of Montreal by the North American organizers to see what they think. One of the major factors contributing to the selection of a venue for a North America event is the cost associate with hosting the event. So far, all the venues we are evaluating for the event are all spaces that are being donated by partner organizations (the venues are not entirely free for us to use, but do have comparatively lower costs than to renting a venue). This allows us to keep the cost for attendees and sponsors likewise quite low.

Mohammed/Dana, do you perhaps know if a collaboration like this would be possible in Montreal?

I do have some more event updates in regard to OpenInfra Days Europe actually ready to share, I am planning to send out a formal update to the mailing list tomorrow. However, I can go ahead and share with you that the registration and CfP for OpenInfra Day Sweden and OpenInfra Day Turkiye are now open. The registration and CfPs for France and Germany should be opening very soon and I will provide an update on those ASAP.

Turkiye
- Registration: https://openinfraturkiye.org.tr/event-registration/
- CfP: https://openinfraturkiye.org.tr/call-for-presentations

Sweden:
- Registration: https://oideurope2024.openinfra.dev/?_ga=2.129136140.169964397.1708372315-92231857.1702575652#registration=1
- CfP: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfCvmgoq_9cqIDxz2K3ZI5dPZvsUSaaksGJpVEKt-6U89Udzg/viewform

Mohammed and Dana, and Egine and team, I will email both of your teams on a separate thread to answer your questions regarding opportunities to get the VEXXHOST and Sardina Systems teams involved.

In the meantime, I am happy to answer any other questions. Otherwise, you can expect another update to the Foundation mailing list tomorrow.

Cheers,
Helena

helena@openinfra.dev
Community Programs Coordinator