Mailing List Archive

[OpenInfra Foundation] Re: [OpenInfra Event Update] OpenInfra Summit Asia reg price, OpenInfra Meetup Switzerland reg is open and expected attendee numbers
Mohammed,

I can't answer for the CFPs (I'm waiting on those too) but I can share some
of the requirements for a North American location as a member of the
organizing group:

Helena is targeting 200-500 people so she would like a place for keynotes
that could hold that many people in one location or have a spillover room.
There would also need to be rooms for breakouts, most likely 2-4 but
depending on attendance and CFP could be more.

The location should be easy to reach which Montreal is, and should be
affordable for the organizers and visitors. I think we would also need
reasonable catering for coffee breaks and maybe lunch on site, not sure
lunch on site is a deal breaker though.

One thing from me as chair of the D&I WG is that it should be accessible
and welcoming to all members of our communities.

Amy