Mailing List Archive

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening
I am interested in meeting; ideally in SF that day.

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
I'm available as well. Mid or south bay as preference, but I could make SF.

Sean Roberts
Infrastructure Strategy
seanrob@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:seanrob@yahoo-inc.com> (925) 980-4729

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
I'm in as well and would prefer mid/south bay. If no one offers space in
SF, then I can get us space in mid-peninsula at SVForum office in Redwood
Shores <https://svforum.org/Contact-us-0> or in south bay at HP Cloud just
off 101/237<https://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=1140+Enterprise+Way,+Sunnyvale,+CA+94089&gl=us&panel=1&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,37.410413,-122.036710&cid=0,0,9465662153382692990&hq=hp+software&hnear=0x808fb645a9d05d3b:0x768dfb26dd7cc3a2,Sunnyvale,+CA&t=m&z=16>.
Or I can find us a space near the Caltrain station in Mountain
View<https://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mountain+View+Caltrain+Station,+Mountain+View,+CA&hl=en&sll=37.410413,-122.03671&sspn=0.014845,0.033023&oq=caltrain+st&gl=us&hnear=Mountain+View+Caltrain+Station&t=m&z=17>
.

Anyone else want to attend so we can break the tie?

Dave

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
I could probably get some space in Red Hat's office in Mountain View - let me know. It's reasonably close to CalTrain - I would need names and affiliations by 8/26.

We're also hosting a Gluster Community workshop at Rackspace's SF office that day - I could try to see about getting a space there after we're finished (5pm).

-John Mark Walker
Gluster Community Leader, Red Hat

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
Obviously none of you are going to the VMworld parties… but I am, and I think Rob's heard more than enough of my opinions on core already ;)

Seriously, though, I'm sad to miss the discussion. Maybe I'll try and join late.
--

Joshua McKenty
Chief Technology Officer

"Oh, Westley, we'll never survive!"
"Nonsense. You're only saying that because no one ever has."

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
All,

It looks like SF is winning for Tuesday evening and piggy backing on the Gluster meeting makes sense to me.

Since our goal is to open this up as much as possible, I'd consider a mid-bay "core breakfast" on Wednesday AM. Is that too much core? It's hard for me to know anymore.

Rob

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
I could do a lunch meet on the 27th but fly out at 6:30.
AlanClark

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
Hi Rob,

Yep, SF wins. I setup an event page on our SFBay OpenStack meetup
page<http://www.meetup.com/openstack/events/134495312/>.
Let me know if you'd like me to change or add anything. I will send the
announcement to the meetup group this evening and will try to finalize the
venue with John Mark by then.

If you want to setup a breakfast or lunch on the peninsula w/ Alan Clark
etc., let me know and I'll set that up too!

Best,
Dave

Dave Nielsen
Co-organizer: SFBay OpenStack
Co-founder: CloudCamp
HP Public Cloud | Developer Relations (consultant)
mobile: 415-531-6674

Re: [Foundation Board] Spider / What is Core Discussion opportunity: SJC or SFO 8/27 evening [ In reply to ]
I'd be good for connecting Tuesday evening (probably not so much Wednesday morning), so copy me on whatever plans get finalized.

All the best,

- Gabriel