As the meeting wrapped up, the Board had brief updates on the continuing discussion around definition of core and status updates on a number of other items that are being scheduled for discussion at the next Board meetings.

The next Board meeting is scheduled for August 6th at 9:00am PDT/1600 UTC.

Jonathan
Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 2013-06-28 at 07:10 -0500, Jonathan Bryce wrote:
> Yesterday, the Foundation Board of Directors held another telephone
> meeting. The agenda for the meeting can be found on the wiki:
> https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/27June2013BoardMeeting

Thanks Jonathan, here's my notes from the meeting:

http://blogs.gnome.org/markmc/2013/06/29/june-27th-openstack-foundation-board-meeting/

Cheers,
Mark.

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
Thank you for the notes Mark.

One concern that I have is your statement "Directors agree to refrain from commenting on the meeting proceedings until Jonathan posts his summary. The only official record of the meeting is Jonathan's summary and the official minutes.". This should have a timelimit on it. Similar to what most large purchases (except automobiles have), Jonathan's summary must be made available within 3 business days. If it is not available within that time frame, then the Directors should be free to comment. Said meeting minutes from Jonathan made visible on the web site. Otherwise this poses an undue hardship to the Directors and the OpenStack followers.

Thanks & Regards
Raja Srinivasan
E: raja.srinivasan@riverbed.com

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
kinda sad to see that nobody addressed PRISM... :(

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
In what manner should PRISM have been addressed?

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
I don't really know, something like "there's no backdoor for the NSA in
your private cloud" or something ;)
no offence,

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
thanks a lot! just wanted to raise this issue as nowadays public
awareness has been raised about data being unsecure in the cloud...

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
On Mon 01 Jul 2013 02:14:17 AM CEST, michael hempel wrote:
> thanks a lot! just wanted to raise this issue as nowadays public
> awareness has been raised about data being unsecure in the cloud...

Whoever says something like 'data is insecure in the cloud' may have a
vague and confused idea of what cloud means. I don't think that the
Board of Directors is the place where confusion about the concept of
cloud needs to be addressed or even discussed.

If you want to contribute to the international debate about security
and privacy in 'clouds' and how OpenStack can improve the situation
you're free to write a blog post. Also, I believe the Marketing mailing
list is open to discuss the strategic messaging for this (and other)

stef

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
I also wanted to take the opportunity to thank Alice King for all of her contributions to OpenStack over the years.

Many of you may know that she led the drafting committee, who helped craft our bylaws, as well as leading the legal affairs committee after the Foundation was formed.

However, you may not be aware that she was instrumental in the early stages of openstack, even before it had a name (she helped us with the name, in fact) including the search for a suitable license (Apache 2.0 ftw!). While I'm at it I'll give a shout out to Sabina Jausovec who also did a huge amount of work to support OpenStack from a legal perspective.

Mark

Re: Board Meeting - June 27th [ In reply to ]
+1 to Alice and Sabina.
regards,
AlanClark