Launchpad. Doesn't exist anymore. Where are bugs tracked these days?

Thanks,

Bernd
Re: [openstack client] command completion [ In reply to ]
On 2018-11-06 10:58:04 +0900 (+0900), Bernd Bausch wrote:
[...]
> By the way, there used to be a /python-openstackclient /section in
> Launchpad. Doesn't exist anymore. Where are bugs tracked these days?

At the top of https://launchpad.net/python-openstackclient it says,
"Note that all Launchpad activity (just bugs & blueprints really)
has been migrated to OpenStack's Storyboard:
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project_group/80"

I suppose now that project group name URL support is in for SB, they
could update that to the more memorable
https://storyboard.openstack.org/#!/project_group/openstackclient
instead.
--
Jeremy Stanley
Re: [openstack client] command completion [ In reply to ]
Bernd Bausch <berndbausch@gmail.com> writes:

> Rocky Devstack sets up bash command completion for the openstack client,
> e.g. /openstack net[TAB]/ expands to /network/. Sadly, there is no
> command completion when using the client interactively:
>
> /$ openstack//
> //(openstack) net[TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB][TAB]//[key breaks]/       #
> nothing happens
>
> But I faintly remember that it worked in earlier releases. Can this be
> configured, and how? Is this a bug?

It seems like one.

> By the way, there used to be a /python-openstackclient /section in
> Launchpad. Doesn't exist anymore. Where are bugs tracked these days?

According to [1] the bug tracker has moved to storyboard.

Doug

[1] http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/python-openstackclient/tree/README.rst#n41

Re: [openstack client] command completion [ In reply to ]
Thanks for educating me, Doug and Jeremy. Bug submitted.

Just by the way: I checked [1] and [2] to find out where bugs might be
tracked. The former doesn't mention bugs, the latter is outdated.
Finding the way through the maze of OpenStack information is not always
easy.

[1]
https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/openstackclient.html

[2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackClient

Re: [openstack client] command completion [ In reply to ]
Bernd Bausch <berndbausch@gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks for educating me, Doug and Jeremy. Bug submitted.
>
> Just by the way: I checked [1] and [2] to find out where bugs might be
> tracked. The former doesn't mention bugs, the latter is outdated.
> Finding the way through the maze of OpenStack information is not always
> easy.
>
> [1]
> https://governance.openstack.org/tc/reference/projects/openstackclient.html

Interesting; I don't think we really expected anyone to use the
governance docs to explore the projects in terms of code. I wonder how
common that is? Maybe we should add some links to docs.openstack.org.

> [2] https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/OpenStackClient

We've marked that as deprecated but left it around for future digital
archaeologists. Maybe we should delete more of the content. We should
definitely update the home page in the governance repo so it doesn't
link to a wiki page we aren't maintaining, so I will do that.

--
Doug