I followed
https://docs.openstack.org/python-cinderclient/pike/user/no_auth.html,
but when i execute "cinder list" i am still asked for "OS Password:". Why?

Cinder binaries are from Centos 7 "centos-openstack-pike" repository.
# rpm -q python2-cinderclient
python2-cinderclient-3.1.0-1.el7.noarch

thx
matthias

Re: Pike: cinderclient noauth problem [ In reply to ]
Hi Matthias,

Did you try to use OS_AUTH_TYPE=noauth environment variable or add
'--os-auth-type=noauth' option to the cinderclient?

auth_strategy option should be set in cinder.con for API access too

Regards,
Ivan Kolodyazhny,
http://blog.e0ne.info/

Re: Pike: cinderclient noauth problem [ In reply to ]
I stuck to the example from
https://docs.openstack.org/python-cinderclient/pike/user/no_auth.html,
which uses OS_AUTH_TYPE=noauth environment variable

also, auth_strategy=noauth is set in cinder.conf

matthias

Am 2018-10-12 um 15:48 schrieb Ivan Kolodyazhny:
> Hi Matthias,
>
> Did you try to use OS_AUTH_TYPE=noauth environment variable or add
> '--os-auth-type=noauth' option to the cinderclient?
>
> auth_strategy option should be set in cinder.con for API access too
>

> Regards,
> Ivan Kolodyazhny,
> http://blog.e0ne.info/
>

> On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 3:32 PM Matthias Leopold
> <matthias.leopold@meduniwien.ac.at
> <mailto:matthias.leopold@meduniwien.ac.at>> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> my standalone Pike Cinder installation works perfectly with
> "auth_strategy = keystone" and i can use cinderclient CLI to interact
> with it.
>
> Now i want to temporarily test it with "auth_strategy = noauth".
> I followed
> https://docs.openstack.org/python-cinderclient/pike/user/no_auth.html,
> but when i execute "cinder list" i am still asked for "OS
> Password:". Why?
>
> Cinder binaries are from Centos 7 "centos-openstack-pike" repository.
> # rpm -q python2-cinderclient
> python2-cinderclient-3.1.0-1.el7.noarch
>
> thx
> matthias

Matthias Leopold
IT Systems & Communications
Medizinische Universität Wien
Spitalgasse 23 / BT 88 /Ebene 00
A-1090 Wien
Tel: +43 1 40160-21241
Fax: +43 1 40160-921200

Re: Pike: cinderclient noauth problem [ In reply to ]
OS_AUTH_SYSTEM=noauth seems to work somehow, at least i'm not asked for
"OS Password:" anymore, now i only get 404 errors...

I'm going to investigate the 404 next week, OS_AUTH_SYSTEM=noauth is
from cinder-master/contrib/block-box/cinder.rc

matthias