Mailing List Archive

[Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly
After kill one node of a cluster which consist of three nodes,
I found that Horizon based on keystone with provider set to fernet respondes very slowly.
Admin login will cost at least 20 senconds.
And cli verbose command return show making authentication is stuck about 5 senconds.
Any help will be appreciated.
Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Hi,

we also had to deal with slow dashboard, in our case it was a
misconfiguration of memcached [0], [1].

Check with your configuration and make sure you use oslo.cache.

Hope this helps!

[0] https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1587777
[1]
https://ask.openstack.org/en/question/102611/how-to-configure-memcache-in-openstack-ha/

Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Hi,

It could be a common issue between horizon and keystone.

As a temporary workaround for this, you can apply this [1] patch to
redirect admin user to the different page.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/577090/

Regards,
Ivan Kolodyazhny,
http://blog.e0ne.info/

Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Sorry for the delay, different timezone huh!

Thanks a lot!
We'll try the solution!

Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Further report!
We finally figure it out.
It because of the original memcache_server configuration which lead to load key from the poweroff controller
configuration example:
[cache]
backend = oslo_cache.memcache_pool
enabled = True
memcache_servers = controller1:11211,controller2:11211,controller3:11211
After change the server set to contoller_vip:11211??problem solved.

Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the update, Gao!

Let me know if any help is needed.

Regards,
Ivan Kolodyazhny,
http://blog.e0ne.info/

Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Interesting, the HA guide [2] states that memcached should be
configured with the list of hosts:

> Access to Memcached is not handled by HAProxy because replicated
> access is currently in an experimental state.
> Instead, OpenStack services must be supplied with the full list of
> hosts running Memcached.

On the other hand, it would be only one of many incorrect statements
in that guide since I've dealt with it, so maybe this is just outdated
information (although the page has been modified on July 25th). Which
OpenStack version are you deploying?

Regards,
Eugen

[2] https://docs.openstack.org/ha-guide/controller-ha-memcached.html

Re: [Horizon] Horizon responds very slowly [ In reply to ]
Ocata.
Document is rigjht,But our platform is deployed using kolla-ansible, So,we utilize haproxy to
handle memcache access through virtual IP