Thanks in advance.
--
Rick Kelly rmk@rmkhome.com www.rmkhome.com
Re: openssh-2.1.0p3 & NetBSD 1.4.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 8 Jun 2000, Rick Kelly wrote:

> I have a need to set up an ssh login server that groks both ssh1 and
> ssh2. I'm trying to build openssh-2.1.0p3 on NetBSD 1.4.2. Configure
> fails when it tries to build the test program conftest. It's not
> obvious fron config.log exactly what is going wrong.

What is the output from configure?

-d

Re: openssh-2.1.0p3 & NetBSD 1.4.2 [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 11:31:10AM -0600, Rick Kelly wrote:

> I have a need to set up an ssh login server that groks both ssh1 and
> ssh2. I'm trying to build openssh-2.1.0p3 on NetBSD 1.4.2. Configure
> fails when it tries to build the test program conftest. It's not
> obvious fron config.log exactly what is going wrong.

I'd strongly suggest using the Packages collection for NetBSD (not
only for openssh but also for everything else). While I wasn't involved
in the 2.1.0p3 package creation, I have tested it on one of my newly built
machines, and it appears to work just fine.

Feel free to give me a yell if you can't get it working through package, and
I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr. Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
Email: drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us Address/Phone Number: Ask me.
Re: openssh-2.1.0p3 & NetBSD 1.4.2 [ In reply to ]
David Rankin said:

>I'd strongly suggest using the Packages collection for NetBSD (not
>only for openssh but also for everything else). While I wasn't involved
>in the 2.1.0p3 package creation, I have tested it on one of my newly built
>machines, and it appears to work just fine.

I wasn't aware that 2.1.0p3 had made it into pkgsrc yet. I downloaded the
latest pkgsrc from NetBSD-current and it built easily out of the box.

Works as advertised!

Thanks for the tip!
--
Rick Kelly rmk@rmkhome.com www.rmkhome.com