--
Guy "Smiley" McArthur
[email] guym@guymcarthur.com [home#] 520.326.4555 [work#] 520.881.8101
Re: problem need help [ In reply to ]
I think ssh adheres to /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny

Re: problem need help [ In reply to ]
> I think ssh adheres to /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny

Okay, thanks a lot. Usually, only inetd spawned daemons use tcp wrappers,
right?
Re: problem need help [ In reply to ]
No, you can compile them with libwrap.a

regards,

Forster

//Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 12:46:56 -0700 (MST)
//From: Guy McArthur <guym@guymcarthur.com>
//To: Richard June <rjune@ims1.imagestream-is.com>
//Cc: openssh-unix-dev@mindrot.org
//Subject: Re: problem need help
//
//> I think ssh adheres to /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
//>
//Okay, thanks a lot. Usually, only inetd spawned daemons use tcp wrappers,
//right?
//--
Re: problem need help [ In reply to ]
Circa 2000-Apr-28 12:46:56 -0700 schrieb Guy McArthur:

: > I think ssh adheres to /etc/hosts.allow and /etc/hosts.deny
: >
: Okay, thanks a lot. Usually, only inetd spawned daemons use tcp wrappers,
: right?

Actually, anything that's built with tcp-wrappers support also uses it.
For example, under many Linux distributions, the portmap daemon and
rpc.mountd have historically used tcp-wrappers. Exim (a mail transport
agent), ssh.com's ssh v1, and OpenSSH all can be built with support for
tcp-wrappers as well.

--
jim knoble | jmknoble@jmknoble.cx | http://www.jmknoble.cx/
Re: problem need help [ In reply to ]
no.. inetd uses TCPWrappers, so any program spawned by inetd gets that
ability.