Mailing List Archive

Problem with 1.2.3pre4 and RSAref
The following code snippet will not compile support for RSAref on NetBSD even
if it exists on the system (which breaks OpenSSL):

for WANTS_RSAREF in "" 1 ; do

if test -z "$WANTS_RSAREF" ; then
LIBS="$saved_LIBS -lcrypto"
else
LIBS="$saved_LIBS -lcrypto -lRSAglue -lrsaref"
fi

It appears that the code referenced in configure just before line 1950 works
correctly even without the RSAglue and rsaref libraries, but "in production"
work fails needing "_RSAPrivateDecrypt".

If someone wants to run a patch by me on this one, I'll be happy to
test it.

Thanks,
David

--
David W. Rankin, Jr. Husband, Father, and UNIX Sysadmin.
Email: drankin@bohemians.lexington.ky.us Address/Phone Number: Ask me.
Re: Problem with 1.2.3pre4 and RSAref [ In reply to ]
OK, I know it's not that tasteful to reply to your own post, but...

On Fri, Mar 17, 2000 at 04:25:53PM -0500, David Rankin wrote:
> The following code snippet will not compile support for RSAref on NetBSD even
> if it exists on the system (which breaks OpenSSL):
>
> for WANTS_RSAREF in "" 1 ; do

If the above line gets replaced with
for WANTS_RSAREF in 1 "" ; do
things seem to work. That said, I have to use rsaref, so I don't have
a system that can test the opposite assumptions.

Thanks
David

Re: Problem with 1.2.3pre4 and RSAref [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, David Rankin wrote:

> The following code snippet will not compile support for RSAref on
> NetBSD even if it exists on the system (which breaks OpenSSL):

[snip]

> It appears that the code referenced in configure just before line
> 1950 works correctly even without the RSAglue and rsaref libraries,
> but "in production" work fails needing "_RSAPrivateDecrypt".

It looks like the test code is not complete enough.

> If someone wants to run a patch by me on this one, I'll be happy to
> test it.

Attached.

-d