the list with it.

Jay Levitt
jay@aol.com
Re: Trouble building 1.2.2p1 on Solaris 2.7 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 12 Mar 2000 Jay@aol.com wrote:

> What could the problem be? I'm not familiar with autoconf, but
> the configure.in looks like it ought to be trying all possible
> combinations and one ought to be working. The full config.log is
> at http://members.aol.com/jay/openssh-config.log; I didn't want to
> clutter up the list with it.

Known problem. You can edit configure so that it uses -L$ssldir/lib
(instead of -l$ssldir) or use the 1.2.3pre2 release.

Regards,
Damien Miller

Re: Trouble building 1.2.2p1 on Solaris 2.7 [ In reply to ]
In a message dated 3/12/2000 2:36:17 AM Eastern Standard Time,
djm@mindrot.org writes:

> Known problem. You can edit configure so that it uses -L$ssldir/lib
> (instead of -l$ssldir) or use the 1.2.3pre2 release.

Thanks. I moved to 1.2.3pre2, but got:

checking for OpenSSL/SSLeay directory... configure: test: argument expected

It looks like there are quotes missing around the test for $WANTS_RSAREF
around line 227 of configure.in. I fixed that, and it got past the OpenSSL
problem.

Now to find a random number source... but that's not OpenSSH's problem :)

Jay