in remote `/.ssh/authorized_keys.

--
piotr pogorzelski
Re: small bug in ssh-copy-id [ In reply to ]
What's ssh-copy-id? I've never heard of that. It doesn't come with
the openssh-1.2.2 tarball, that i know of.

--
jim knoble
jmknoble@pobox.com

På 2000-Mar-03 klokka 08:58:25 +0100 skrivet piotr pogorzelski:

: I'm using Debian with OpenSSH (Deb)Version: 1:1.2.2-1.3 .
: Debian uses ssh-agent to start window manager.
: Trying to use ssh-copy-id without using ssh-add
: ends up with string 'The agent has no identities.' landing
: in remote `/.ssh/authorized_keys.
Re: small bug in ssh-copy-id [ In reply to ]
Jim Knoble <jmknoble@pobox.com> writes:

> What's ssh-copy-id? I've never heard of that. It doesn't come with
> the openssh-1.2.2 tarball, that i know of.

Its a script I knocked up and included in the Debian package. Its
been included in the Debian patches that I've submitted to Damien for
several releases, but he either didn't like it or didn't notice.

It's for getting RSA logins up and running in short order, you run this:

ssh-copy-id user@machine

and it uses ssh to install your identity into the remote
.ssh/authorized_keys, and to ensure that the permissions of files and
directories are set correctly.

Obviously, you need to be able to log in for this to work, so either
password logins need to be enabled, or you need to populate your
ssh-agent with a key that already works, along with the new key(s) you
want to add.

Cheers, Phil.
Re: small bug in ssh-copy-id [ In reply to ]
On 3 Mar 2000, Philip Hands wrote:

> Its a script I knocked up and included in the Debian package. Its
> been included in the Debian patches that I've submitted to Damien for
> several releases, but he either didn't like it or didn't notice.

Neither actually - I saw it, liked it and let it slip my mind. Sorry.

Anyway, it is now in a contrib/ subdirectory with a few other patches
and goodies.

Thanks,
Damien Miller