Information Technology Services,
The University of Melbourne, Parkville 3052, Australia
Email:n.endres@its.unimelb.edu.au, Phone:+61 3 9344-7995
Re: porting OpenSSH to an SX4 [ In reply to ]
addrinfo is a standard socket network structure described in Stevens
"UNIX Network Programming, 2nd ed". It's an IPv6 structure, and
is also described in RFC 2553

You will probably find it easy enought to #ifef it out, as
there's not much IPv6 penetration yet into the various UNIX
flavours.

cheers

Carl
Re: porting OpenSSH to an SX4 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 28 Jan 2000, Niels Endres wrote:

> Dear OpenSSH developers,
>
> I'm trying to port OpenSSH to our NEC SX4, but am having trouble finding
> reference to the 'addrinfo' structure. (Refer ssh.c:488). If anyone can
> shed some light on this struct, or has ported OpenSSH to a similar platform,
> I'd be very interested to hear from you.

RFC2553 contains most of the gory details. What problems are you
encountering? autoconf should replace the structure if it is missing.

Damien

Re: porting OpenSSH to an SX4 [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Jan 28, 2000 at 12:50:16PM +1100, Niels Endres wrote:
> I'm trying to port OpenSSH to our NEC SX4, but am having trouble finding
> reference to the 'addrinfo' structure. (Refer ssh.c:488). If anyone can
> shed some light on this struct, or has ported OpenSSH to a similar platform,
> I'd be very interested to hear from you.

more information on getaddinfo and friends can be found at
Stevens' page, see http://www.kohala.com/start/unpv12e.html and
http://www.kohala.com/start/unpv12e.chap11.pdf