Mailing List Archive

openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO
Yo All!

Sorry if this is obvious but I am new to openssh. I have used the
original ssh for a while and am familiar with it (and it's
restrictive license).

I am trying to port openssh-1.2.1pre24 on to SCO UnixWare 7.1.0. I
will post the small patches when it is really running.

Two problems, SCO has no /dev/random so I installed egd-0.6. It
usually works but sometimes dies. I have sent the details to the
egd folks.

The other problem is odd and affects both ssh and sshd.

If I ssh to a known good sshd, then I get this after the host
keys are exchanged:
Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.

The sshd is a bit more strange. The first inbound connection to the
sshd on the SCO succeeds, but until the first one disconnects, no
other connects will succeed.

I get this message at the remote (a known good ssh on a Linux host) when
trying to connect to the SCO sshd:

And this from the sshd on the SCO when the second connect comes in:
Disconnecting: Corrupted check bytes on input.

Any ideas on how to fix it or trouble shoot it?

RGDS
GARY
Gary E. Miller Rellim 20340 Empire Ave, Suite E-3, Bend, OR 97701
gem@rellim.com Tel:+1(541)382-8588 Fax: +1(541)382-8676
Re: openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO [ In reply to ]
Re: openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO [ In reply to ]
Yo Damien!

Bingo! This works into and out of my SCO/openssh-1.2.1pre24!

ssh -c blowfish -l gem [hostname]

Looks like the 3DES must be busted????
I did a "make test" on the libz and it passes.
I did a "make check" on the openssh and it passes.

RGDS
GARY

Re: openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO [ In reply to ]
Re: openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO [ In reply to ]
Yo Damien!

On Thu, 6 Jan 2000, Damien Miller wrote:

> I am looking forward to your SCO patches.

The SCO UnixWare breaks the config.guess and config.sub shell scripts
from the autoconf package. After some discussion on the autoconf
mail list, I was pointed at the newer, CVS tree for autoconf that
cleans up the UnixWare detection mess. They are not released yet
but are being used on many packages like gcc already.

There are two updated files, config.guess and config.sub. They
are attached. If you wish I could send diffs.

Once I know these are going in I have a diff to your configure
script for the UnixWare port. If only works with blowfish for now.

Also, as the package is ported to more and more platforms, there will
be a need for porting notes. I would like to add some notes to
my port. I could create a "README.sco", or a section to a generic
"PORTING" doc. Any thought on this?

Re: openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO [ In reply to ]
Re: openssh-1.2.1pre24 on SCO [ In reply to ]
Yo Damien!

A slightly improved patch for UnixWare with fewer compiler warnings.

I will dig at the 3DES thing now....

*** configure.old Wed Jan 5 19:02:34 2000
--- configure Thu Jan 6 18:48:21 2000
***************
*** 1254,1259 ****
--- 1254,1274 ----
no_libsocket=1
no_libnsl=1
;;
+ *-*-sysv*)
+ # UnixWare with SCO cc
+
+ cat >> confdefs.h <<\EOF
+ #define CRYPT_H_BREAKS_BUILD 1
+ #define HAVE_INNETGR 1
+ #define HAVE_U_INTXX_T 1
+ EOF
+
+ # -dn links the binary statically with SCO cc
+ # -dn does not work with -lsocket!
+ #CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -dn"
+ LIBS="$LIBS -lgen -lsocket "
+
+ ;;
esac

echo $ac_n "checking for OpenSSL/SSLeay directory""... $ac_c" 1>&6