Mailing List Archive

Problem with UTMP recording
Hello to all!

I have problem with OpenSSH 1.2.1pre18 on Linux (kernel 2.2.13,
distribution Slackware 4.0). When someone login using ssh, there is no way
to see his presentance with some 'standard' tools (finger, who, w,
users...). Of course, his proccesses are in ps, and so. I've tried to see
/etc/utmp using vi, and there is some entry, but maybe invalid, or
something.

When I enable option 'UseLogin', login correctly records logins and
logouts, but, user has to enter password twice.

In attachement is config.h (created after configure
--sysconfdir=/etc/ssh). If you need any additional information, please
tell me.

Sincerely,
Bole