Mailing List Archive

Ntop stopping and some other stuff
NTop with CVS from 14.05 on FreeBSD 4.3 and watching
2 NIC with approx 15 Mb/s traffic. Machine is 800mhz P3
with 256MB ram.
Stopped suddenly after about 26 hours, and for last
couple of hours it showed:
CPU states: 94.9% user, 0.0% nice, 4.3% system, 0.8% interrupt, 0.0%
idle

While it was running it showed some strangeness in the
hosts section, Ntop decided that 3 servers in our net
were Remote Servers and the NetBios Name was something
random (Controlling, Chien etc).
Also R->L, L->R and L<->L showed "No data to display"
which certainly isnt true :)

The startup command is
ntop -i fxp1,fxp2 -d -W 3000 -P ntop/logs -m
213.188.xxx.xxx/255.255.xxx.xxx

Not sure if I specified the netmask for local traffic
correctly, any hints?

with regards
Olav Langeland <> olav.langeland@activeisp.com