Mailing List Archive

ntop-ng newbe question
Hi guys, im here trying to find a replacement for my nfsen / nfdump
platform.
Im trying free version of ntop-ng , so here are some questions:

1) How to properly create a netflow analisis platform with ntop-ng?
I already installed ntop-ng + nprobe packages.
It seems to work ok but , but flows are limite to 25k.
Is there some free version for this ?

2) Is it possible to create custom traffic profiles from netflow data ?
For instance , I use to create some filters like:
src net x.x.x.x/24 and out if 13.
It seems to be a similar feature but it is only available at pro version.

3) How can I analize my traffic?
Is it possible to filter (as above) and sort by flow duration , traffic
rate, etc.
If so , please provide some howto, I can not get it.

Regards;
Leandro.

Libre
de virus. www.avast.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
Re: ntop-ng newbe question [ In reply to ]
Hi Leandro,

Please see below.

On 10/17/19 4:39 PM, Leandro Roggerone wrote:
> Hi guys, im here trying to find a replacement for my nfsen / nfdump
> platform.
> Im trying free version of ntop-ng , so here are some questions:
>
> 1) How to properly create a netflow analisis platform with ntop-ng?
> I already installed ntop-ng + nprobe packages.
> It seems to work ok but , but flows are limite to 25k.
> Is there some free version for this ?
nprobe does not have a free version. If you need a demo license for
testing please contact us
https://www.ntop.org/support/need-help-2/contact-us .

> 2) Is it possible to create custom traffic profiles from netflow data ?
> For instance , I use to create some filters like:
> src net x.x.x.x/24 and out if 13.
> It seems to be a similar feature but it is only available at pro version.
BPF like filters are only available in the ntopng pro version

> 3) How can I analize my traffic?
> Is it possible to filter (as above) and sort by flow duration ,
> traffic rate, etc.
> If so , please provide some howto, I can not get it.

Please check out the following links

https://www.ntop.org/guides/ntopng/advanced_features/flows_dump.html
https://www.ntop.org/guides/ntopng/historical_flows.html

Regards,