Mailing List Archive

Cannot get -S or -a options to work...
I'm trying to get ntop to a) keep stats across ntop runs, and b) log to
/var/log. I'm using a command line of:

/usr/local/bin/ntop -d -i eth0 -w 3000 -S 1 -P /usr/local/ntop -m
[listof6subnetsremoved] -a /var/log -u nobody

I'm running the May 10 snapsnot. It successfully creates the DNS cache db
and a bunch of other dbs in /usr/local/ntop, but if I shut down and
restart ntop it loses all traffic data that it had collected. Also, the
web access log is placed in /usr/local/ntop, not /var/log. The location
of the log isn't a big deal, but I'd really like to be able to save the
statistics. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Hersch