Mailing List Archive

nprobe and ntopng ipfix configuration
Hi,

I have nprobe running on a centos server which is our internet gateway.
It is currently sending netflow v5 (the default) using ZMQ to ntopng
which is running on a windows 7 workstation.

When I change the nprobe configuration to use IPFIX with a simple
template, I don't get any data collected at ntopng.

Can anyone share a sample config file for nprobe and ntopng to send /
recv IPFIX data?

Thanks.

*Jon Kirk

*

--

Emerald Christian College

*PO BOX 1993 Emerald Qld 4720 Phone: 07 4982 0977 Fax: 07 4982 0244 *
*Email: office@ecc.qld.edu.au
<office@ecc.qld.edu.au>Website: http://www.ecc.qld.edu.au
<http://www.ecc.qld.edu.au/>*
Re: nprobe and ntopng ipfix configuration [ In reply to ]
Dear Jon,

> On 4 Sep 2017, at 04:00, Jon Kirk <j.kirk@ecc.qld.edu.au> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have nprobe running on a centos server which is our internet gateway. It is currently sending netflow v5 (the default) using ZMQ to ntopng which is running on a windows 7 workstation.

ZMQ carries standardised JSON-based messages, so there's no need to either specify v5, v9 or ipfix. Flow version specification is only necessary when nProbe is used as a proxy to export flows to downstream Netflow collectors.

In your case, just use --zmq with the proper endpoint and specify all the fields of interest in the template.

Regards,
Simone

Re: nprobe and ntopng ipfix configuration [ In reply to ]
Dear Jon,