Mailing List Archive

Update frequency in Top Hosts (Local) and other places
I observe several problems, but I think they can actually be related.
I'd like ntopng to auto-update information in browser only once per
minute, since more frequent updates are meaningless with ASA flows. I
set all periods I found in preferences to multiples of 1 minute.
However, I noticed that browser still polls server every second or so,
causing unnecessary load on both server and client systems.

It'd be nice to fix it for all windows, but problem is especially awful
on Top Hosts (Local) page, since:

1. The chart is filled with empty values making it essentially unusable:
https://rqc.box.com/s/6azwv13vkzqjkajjusvcmw5owkexfahm

2. Looks like each top host is queried with a separate request, causing
huge CPU load (dozens of request per second in place of one per minute
necessary).

Is there some setting for this I'm missing, or is it a current limitation?

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili
Re: Update frequency in Top Hosts (Local) and other places [ In reply to ]
Hi,

If you go into the network interface settings (through the cog icon
into the network interface page) you can configure the "Realtime Stats
Refresh Rate" to match your ASA exporter interval. Please note that
this will affect the dashboard refresh rate but not the top hosts page.

The Top Hosts page is still rudimental. Please feel free to open
enhancement issues on our github page https://github.com/ntop/ntopng .

Regards,
Emanuele

Re: Update frequency in Top Hosts (Local) and other places [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Re: Update frequency in Top Hosts (Local) and other places [ In reply to ]
Hello Emanuele,

> If you go into the network interface settings (through the cog icon
> into the network interface page) you can configure the "Realtime Stats
> Refresh Rate" to match your ASA exporter interval. Please note that
> this will affect the dashboard refresh rate but not the top hosts page.
It is currently set to 60 seconds for all interfaces. Visually the
dashboard looks OK (i.e. no spaces on charts, tables are stable), but
browser still makes 3 requests every ~3 seconds to the following addresses:
*
get_hosts_data.lua?mode=local&currentPage=1&sortColumn=column_thpt&sortOrder=desc&long_names=1
*
get_hosts_data.lua?mode=remote&currentPage=1&sortColumn=column_thpt&sortOrder=desc&long_names=1
*
get_http_hosts_data.lua?mode=all&currentPage=1&sortColumn=column_act_num_http_requests&sortOrder=desc&long_names=1

Should I open a github issue concerning the top hosts page?

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili