Hi

Is there a non trival way of knowing flow export time. The problem is that
I have confugured netflows on PaloAlto firewalls. Timeout is set for 60
seconds. Is by using e.g wireshark or some other tools can i see or
validate through some fields in protocol.

Thanks
regards
asad
Re: Validating flow export timeout. [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Can you try to rephrase your question please?

Regards,
Emanuele

Re: Validating flow export timeout. [ In reply to ]
Hi

What i mean is there a way to check netflows template export time. This is
time when the flow exporters flushes netflow records to flow collector. Can
it be checked thorough packet analysis?

Thanks
regards
Asad

Re: Validating flow export timeout. [ In reply to ]
Hi

Re: Validating flow export timeout. [ In reply to ]
See netflow fields

FLOW_ACTIVE_TIMEOUT
Timeout value (in seconds) for active flow entries in the NetFlow cache

FLOW_INACTIVE_TIMEOUT
Timeout value (in seconds) for inactive flow entries in the NetFlow cache

Simone

Re: Validating flow export timeout. [ In reply to ]
See netflow fields