I have created a script that obtains traffic info from Cisco ASA by
polling its command line (since I'm having problems with NetFlow). It
would now be nice to to able to feed this info to ntopng. I understand
that ntopng consumes zmq, but where can I get description of specific
messages that ntopng understands?

--

With Best Regards,
Marat Khalili
Re: ntopng zmq format reference [ In reply to ]
Dear Marat,

The quickest thing you can do to figure out the message format is jumping
directly to the source code of ntopng.

Specifically, look at class CollectorInterface for the ZMQ communication
logic, and at class ParserInterface for the actual parsing of data sent
through ZMQ.

Presently, three ZMQ topics are supported by ntopng: const char *topics[] =
{ "flow", "event", "counter", NULL };

Flows travel in the "flow" topic.

If you want to send flows to ntopng, what you should do is implement a ZMQ
publisher (see zmq_socket and related) and start publishing messages with
topic "flow" using zmq_send.

Regards,
Simone