I'm using the latest CVS's of both ntop & libpcap.

Thanks,
Matt
Re: Multi-homed but not [ In reply to ]
Matthew,
send me (not to the list) a traffic dump file (tcpdump -s 1518 -w
trafficdump.file) and explain the problem (add a ntop-generated page
please).

Cheers, Luca

Matthew Seddon wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm not sure if this is a pcap problem or an ntop problem, but in the active TCP sessions, ntop keeps picking up one of our high traffic servers as multihomed, and it also considers it a gateway.
>
> It seems like ntop is confusing the traffic coming from our primary router, because according to ntop, the board vendor of this multi-homed machine is Cisco.
>
> Is there a remedy for this, cuz it is seriously annoying me?
>
> I'm using the latest CVS's of both ntop & libpcap.
>
> Thanks,
> Matt

Luca Deri NETikos S.p.A.
Via Matteucci 34/B 56124 Pisa, Italy.
Ph. +39/050/968.639 Fax. +39/050/968.626
Personal: luca@lucaderi.org Business: luca.deri@netikos.com
WWW: http://www.lucaderi.org/ ICQ: 68183632
One's destination is never a place but rather a new way of
looking at things - Henry Miller
Re: Multi-homed but not [ In reply to ]
I had recently this problem and I just solved it : the network
configuration on the ntop host was uncorrect.

The (cisco) gateway was not defined, even if the network worked, due to
a wide netmask.

Maybe your problem came from the same mistakes. What is your network
configuration ?