luck. Both boxes have two NIC's with the monitoring NIC being brought up
with "plumb -arp" but no IP due to being on the public side of a firewall.

Anyone else seen this or know of a fix?
NTOP 2.0 Dies After 150000 Packets [ In reply to ]
I've tried NTOP 2.0 (07-24 build) on both Solaris 7 x86 and RH Linux 7.1
with the same results. After ~ 150000 packets, which take about 2 minutes to
collect, NTOP stops seeing traffic and CPU utilization hits almost 100%.
Libpcap is current. Tried all kinds of different compile options with no

Re: NTOP 2.0 Dies After 150000 Packets [ In reply to ]
Greetings,

I had this type of problem on initial install.

With snmpd running ntop would segfault after X amount of data. I shut of
snmpd and it has ran now for 12+ hours. I am logging to mysql. I would
really like to have snmpd running to archive the traffic data/info in graphs
using rrd or mrtg.

Any suggestions?

-- jerry

Grace, Terry writes:

> I've tried NTOP 2.0 (07-24 build) on both Solaris 7 x86 and RH Linux 7.1
> with the same results. After ~ 150000 packets, which take about 2 minutes to
> collect, NTOP stops seeing traffic and CPU utilization hits almost 100%.
> Libpcap is current. Tried all kinds of different compile options with no
> luck. Both boxes have two NIC's with the monitoring NIC being brought up
> with "plumb -arp" but no IP due to being on the public side of a firewall.
>
> Anyone else seen this or know of a fix?

-- Jerry Allen
RE: Re: NTOP 2.0 Dies After 150000 Packets [ In reply to ]
Thanks for the response Jerry. Unfortunately that's not my problem. SNMP is
not running on either box. Actually, when I turn on snmp on the Solaris box,
ntop won't start at all.

RE: NTOP 2.0 Dies After 150000 Packets [ In reply to ]
NTOP 2.0 Dies After 150000 PacketsI've seen similar for the last few months
and suspect it's something to do with gdbm but can't be sure yet. Mine
stopps seeing traffic after 1 hour for short periods of time, 10 to 30
seconds depending on the machine configuration, then continues as normal.
Blows my traffic stats all to heck.