Mailing List Archive

"Makefile", line 620: Need an operator Error
While doing a make on ntop after the following proceedures I get the
following error:

[root@calgary] /tmp/ntop-current/ntop> make
"Makefile", line 620: Need an operator
Fatal errors encountered -- cannot continue
[root@calgary] /tmp/ntop-current/ntop>

OS: 2.8 OpenBSD
Installed libpcap first

Here is what I did:

Build libpcap
- cd libpcap-2001.07.13/
- ./configure
- make
- make install

Build chart libraries
- cd gdchart0.94c/
- ./configure
- cd gd-1.8.3/libpng-1.0.8

NEW NOTE: changed "ar rcs" to "ar rc" with no s, there is no -s option
available here
- cp scripts/makefile.gcc Makefile
- make
- cd ../../zlib-1.1.3/
- ./configure
- make
- cd ..
- make

Build ntop
- cd ntop
- ./configure
- make
Re: "Makefile", line 620: Need an operator Error [ In reply to ]
Hi,
please read what ntop prints at the end of the configure process. On
Solaris & *BSD you gotta use gmake (not make).

Cheers, Lcua