Thanks!

James Stanger
jstanger@prosofttraining.com
Ntop and Red Hat 7.1 [ In reply to ]
I have used the Ntop 1.3.2.5 RPM on Red Hat 7.1. As per the Ntop FAQ, I
have also downloaded and compiled libpcap from source and specified the
-i eth0 option for my default interface, which is in fact eth0.

I still get nothing. I can view all of the Web pages at port 3000 and
also use ntop, and my /var/log/messages file shows that ntop is putting
the NIC into promiscuous mode. Still, the Web interface and ntop shows
absolutely nothing. Using an older version of ntop, I can get all sorts
of statistics. I have not installed queso, but I don't think that's an
issue, here.

What am I missing? Please copy me on the e-mail address below.

AW: Ntop and Red Hat 7.1 [ In reply to ]
try
ntop -i eth0 not port 65432

lothar

Re: AW: Ntop and Red Hat 7.1 [ In reply to ]
This works beautifully! Thank you! Now, for another question:

Why?

Is it because this port causes a conflict that causes all packets to be
dropped by the interface?

James

Egger Lothar wrote:

> try