I have tried recompiling a number of time with newer CVS drops and the
released stable beta2. I've even gone as far as to compare TCPDump capture
files. The TCPDump files are the same, but NTOP reports 4 time the actual.
Any ideas? Thanks all.

--

J. Eric Josephson
978-720-2159
mailto:eric_josephson@groove.net
RE: NTOP Stats reporting wrong... [ In reply to ]
Interesting.

I would be curious to know the results of a ping of the broadcast
address , ie.. do you get duplicates, Also is your traffic all unicast
or multicast, TCP or UDP, and what kind of broadcasting is going on?

Maybe you could put up a few fake diagrams or something
indicating your network layout in more detail than you have here.

If your other boxes running ntop work correctly and provide
accurate stats then one must assume that either A ..you have a bad box..
or B .. traffic is truly different in that particular area.

Try moving one of the boxes you know works accuratly into the
same network position as your problem box.. and see what happens.., if
you've already done this.. take a look at your NIC's and compare them
using ifconfig

And please let us know.. i might just have the same type of
problem.

Thanks

Madhav Diwan