Mailing List Archive

Ntop questions
Greetings
I need the ability to capture data from my network to do ntop type
reporting. I also need that ability to keep X amount of data for
reviewing specific packets. For example I need to create a 1 gig buffer
file of packet captures. What I am currently thinking is rotating a
series of tcpdumps using a cron. This works well in a test environment,
but does not provide me with the reporting features ntop does. So a) Is
there an easy way to do that with ntop. or b) can I pass tcpdump files
to ntop for analysis on an offline basis?

Thanks

Joe Hagerty