Mailing List Archive

running ntop on cisco nexus 3K/9K switch?
Cisco Nexus 3K/9K switches allow you to run embedded linux containers/vm's.  Has anyone found a good use case for running ntop in this space?  Possibly using the switch to aggregate span/taps from within the environment and sending the data internally to ntop? An all-in-one aggregation/ntop box?
Running ntop on cisco nexus 3K/9K switch? [ In reply to ]
Re: Running ntop on cisco nexus 3K/9K switch? [ In reply to ]
Hi David
we’re not familiar with these devices but it would be nice to create a container you can use them. Please let us know more about this topic so we can build a ntopng container ready for this platform

Regards Luca

Re: nprobe and ntopng on same system? [ In reply to ]
Is it possible to run nprobe and ntopng on the same box?  If so, what is the correct config for Ubuntu 18 assuming I want to ingest both both SPAN and Netflow and ultimately send stale data to ELK (or similar) to maintain ~30 day history.  I'm able to get ntopng working and connect via port 3000, but when I try to install nprobe on the same box, I'm never able to get port 2055 to show as listening via netstat.
Thanks!
Re: nprobe and ntopng on same system? [ In reply to ]
David
yes you can. When you want to do SPAN + collection you need to start two nprobe instances both exporting to ELK.

So

nprobe -n none -i ethX … --elastic …
nprobe -n none -i none -3 <port> … --elastic …

Regards Luca