Compile PF_RING 6.4.1 from source to rpm
All,

Any input or references on how to make an RPM from the source code?
When I try to use the provided rpm and then install Suricata as well it
fails as there isn't a libpfring.so file installed. Any wisdom and input
is appreciated. Thanks.

--

Josh
Re: Compile PF_RING 6.4.1 from source to rpm [ In reply to ]
Hi Josh
libpfring.so should be actually installed under /usr/local/lib using our RPMs.

Anyway you can build your rpm with the commands below:
$ cd PF_RING/package/rpm/
$ ./configure
$ make build-rpm

Alfredo

Re: Compile PF_RING 6.4.1 from source to rpm [ In reply to ]
I've installed it now but can't recall the modprobe or modinfo syntax to
see the current settings of pf_ring for the settings like transparent and
RX / TX. Can you share?

On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Alfredo Cardigliano <cardigliano@ntop.org>
wrote:

> Hi Josh
> libpfring.so should be actually installed under /usr/local/lib using our
> RPMs.
>
> Anyway you can build your rpm with the commands below:
> $ cd PF_RING/package/rpm/
> $ ./configure
> $ make build-rpm
>
> Alfredo
>
> > On 19 Jan 2017, at 06:48, Josh <josh.lane@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > Any input or references on how to make an RPM from the source code?
> When I try to use the provided rpm and then install Suricata as well it
> fails as there isn't a libpfring.so file installed. Any wisdom and input
> is appreciated. Thanks.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Josh

Josh
Re: Compile PF_RING 6.4.1 from source to rpm [ In reply to ]
I guess you want to see "modinfo pf_ring” or “cat /proc/net/pf_ring/info” (please note transparent mode is deprecated)

Alfredo

Re: Compile PF_RING 6.4.1 from source to rpm [ In reply to ]
I've tried the /etc/modprobe.d/pf_ring.conf file with the new settings but
they don't reflect the change. I'm looking for a way to automate the
change of the settings either via a flat file or an install time parameter
change from the defaults but not seeing it. Can you clarify how I could
perform this task? Thanks.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 4:09 PM, Alfredo Cardigliano <cardigliano@ntop.org>
wrote:

> I guess you want to see "modinfo pf_ring” or “cat /proc/net/pf_ring/info”
> (please note transparent mode is deprecated)
>
> Alfredo
>
> On 14 Feb 2017, at 20:08, Josh <josh.lane@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I've installed it now but can't recall the modprobe or modinfo syntax to
> see the current settings of pf_ring for the settings like transparent and
> RX / TX. Can you share?
>
> On Thu, Jan 19, 2017 at 4:58 AM, Alfredo Cardigliano <cardigliano@ntop.org
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi Josh
>> libpfring.so should be actually installed under /usr/local/lib using our
>> RPMs.
>>
>> Anyway you can build your rpm with the commands below:
>> $ cd PF_RING/package/rpm/
>> $ ./configure
>> $ make build-rpm
>>
>> Alfredo
>>
>> > On 19 Jan 2017, at 06:48, Josh <josh.lane@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > All,
>> >
>> > Any input or references on how to make an RPM from the source
>> code? When I try to use the provided rpm and then install Suricata as well
>> it fails as there isn't a libpfring.so file installed. Any wisdom and
>> input is appreciated. Thanks.
>> >
>> > --
>> >
>> > Josh

> Josh

Josh
Re: Compile PF_RING 6.4.1 from source to rpm [ In reply to ]
Please read https://github.com/ntop/PF_RING/blob/dev/doc/README.apt_rpm_packages.md <https://github.com/ntop/PF_RING/blob/dev/doc/README.apt_rpm_packages.md>
and add your pf_ring configuration to /etc/pf_ring/pf_ring.conf

Alfredo