Mailing List Archive

zcount stats display with RSS enabled
Hello, I'm using zc with ixgbe and RSS enabled (40 queues, one for each core) and I have noticed the following behavior: 1. When I execute tcpdump -i zc:eth0@39 (last queue) with no bpf-> I see no packets and the following in the summary stats: 0 packets captured 0 packets received by filter 101092 packets dropped by kernel 2. A similar behavior occurs when I execute: zc -i zc:eth0@39 : Absolute stats: 0 pkts (12'293 drops) - 0 bytes My question is: how come I can see drops in both tcpdump and zc's output but no actual packets ? what drops the packets and why ? Thanks in advance, Moshe