Mailing List Archive

nProbe service stops randomly on Windows Server
Hello,

I have just setup nProbe in DEMO mode and am having a problem with the service stopping randomly. The environment consists of a Cisco 3750 switch that has a span port setup. That span port connects to a 2nd NIC on our Windows 2008 SolarWinds NTA server which also has nProbe installed. I installed it as a service with the following command: nprobe /i nprobe_service -i 1 -n 10.12.123.234:2055 -b 1 -u 1 -Q 2. It collects just fine from what I can tell until I notice the service has stopped. The app crashes with the following message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: nprobe.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 576c5964
Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17514
Fault Module Timestamp: 4ce7c8f9
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 000000000005550e
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: a5e0
Additional Information 2: a5e06e8e927913ff232692bede9e722f
Additional Information 3: 2ba7
Additional Information 4: 2ba75b86780b6aa78b58dada5a92f606

In the Windows event logs it shows:
Event ID: 2
The description for Event ID 2 from source nProbe cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Also,

Event ID 1:
The description for Event ID 1 from source nProbe cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

01/Nov/2016 14:22:03 [nprobe.c:4804] WARNING: Option '-Q' requires an argument.

Any idea what is causing this?