Mailing List Archive

trying to get PF_RING to recognize DAG
I've installed nProbe and, consequently, PF_RING. The only interface I can currently use is ens3. I'm trying to get it to work with the Endace dag0.

I've done the install from packages.

Does anyone have any experience with this you can share?

-John

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002.

Re: trying to get PF_RING to recognize DAG [ In reply to ]
Hi John,
we are in touch with Endace and we’ll refresh DAG support in PF_RING in the near future to make sure we support all their latest products.

This said, you need to compile PF_RING from source on a host where you have the DAG tools installed and it should work. Did you do that perhaps?

Regards Luca

Re: trying to get PF_RING to recognize DAG [ In reply to ]
In the PF_RING Users Guide section 6.6 there is mention of using the "-ldag" flag to support the Endace DAG. I don't understand where that flag would be used. Can you please provide details and an example?

Thanks!

-John Marshall