Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Serge Bashlykevich.
Re: pf_ring: transparent_mode deprecated [ In reply to ]
Hi Serge
why do you need transparent_mode for adjusting interrupts? You can just ignore transparent_mode and configure it in the same way.

Alfredo

Re: pf_ring: transparent_mode deprecated [ In reply to ]
Hi Alfredo,
we can't just ignore trasparent mode.

Let me describe our case.
We run zbalance_ipc in ZC mode with *-n 22 -g 1 *(binding it to the core
#1). Then we run our multithread app that connects to zbalance cluster
queues and comsumes traffic.
If we have loaded pf_ring without *trasparent_mode=2*, core#1 is overloaded
and balancer drops some packets.
If we have loaded pf_ring with *trasparent_mode=2*, everything is Ok, no
drops.

Is there any opportunity to handle this problem in other way? May be some
other arguments?

Serge.

Re: pf_ring: transparent_mode deprecated [ In reply to ]
Hi Serge
are you sure you are using ZC mode? Are you using the “zc:” prefix? In ZC mode kernel is bypassed, thus transparent_mode is just ignored.

Alfredo