Mailing List Archive

Traffic balancer for GTP applications
Hi Luca/Alfredo,

We have a probe solution for GTP Traffic
We are looking for a solution which can balance the GTP traffic (per flow)
to multiple instances of our GTP application.

After going through this page "
http://www.ntop.org/pf_ring/how-to-balance-mobile-traffic-across-applications-using-pf_ring/"
, I feel
that there is a NTOP application which can help us to achieve this but
don't know which one to use and how to use.
Please help.

Regards,
Gautam

Regards,
Gautam
Re: Traffic balancer for GTP applications [ In reply to ]
Hi Gautam
zbalance_ipc should probably do what you need, this is how it computes the hash with -m 4 (GTP load balancing):
- GTP-C: Seq-based packet hash
- GTP-U: Inner-IP/Port-based packet hash
- Non-GTP: Outer-IP/Port-based packet hash

Here you can find some example for running zbalance_ipc:
https://github.com/ntop/PF_RING/blob/dev/userland/examples_zc/README.examples

Alfredo