Can you help how to test on a particular interface with disn2n utility.

Regards,
Chandrika
Re: Query about disk2n [ In reply to ]
> On 16 Feb 2016, at 07:44, Chandrika Gautam <chandrika.iitd.rock@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> We have collected terabytes of data in multiple pcap files using tcpdump utility. We want to replay it at the consistent transmit rate of ~4-10 Gbps.
> Is it possible with disk2n utility?

Yes, you can specify a playlist of pcap files to replay using the [--multiple-pcap-files|-m] <text file path> option, example:

disk2n -i zc:eth1 -m playlist.txt -c 1 -w 2 -S 3 -g -b 2048 -C 4096

If the original capture rate is not the rate you want, you can change it by using the [--inter-packet-time|-I] <nsec> option

> At ntop site, prdouct description says "disk2n exploit the packet transmission acceleration offered by PF_RING DNA". Will it be working with ZC also
> because we have taken a license of PF_RINGZC last year?

Yes it does work with ZC.

You should install n2disk from the stable repository at http://packages.ntop.org/centos-stable/

> Can you help how to test on a particular interface with disn2n utility.

Please refer to the n2disk user’s guide http://www.ntop.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/n2disk-UsersGuide1.pdf
Appendix A - Configuring a PF_RING Deb/RPM package

Alfredo

Re: Query about disk2n [ In reply to ]
Hi Alfredo/Ntop team,

I have been successfully able to pump the data at ~4-5Gbps using below
command -
/usr/local/bin/disk2n -m */home/list_of_pcap.txt* -i zc:eth4 *-I 1050* -O
-g -C 64 -b 2048 -c 1 -w 2 -S 3 -v

I have 1 TB of data present in multiple pcap files , size ranging from 3-12
GB and name of pcaps are given in
*/home/list_of_pcap.txt. *After executing 2 files of 4-5GB, it starts
giving the below errors continuously and pumping traffic intermittently.

09/Mar/2016 00:53:27 [disk2n.c:1594] WARNING: [sender] waiting.. (buffer
empty)
09/Mar/2016 00:53:27 [disk2n.c:1594] WARNING: [sender] waiting.. (buffer
empty)
09/Mar/2016 00:53:27 [disk2n.c:1594] WARNING: [sender] waiting.. (buffer
empty)

Can you please help what am I missing here and please let me know if we
need to check something on server.
I have 12 GB RAM on rhel server.

Regards,

Re: Query about disk2n [ In reply to ]
Hi Chandrika
it seems your storage is not fast enough in reading the pcap files to keep up with the transmission rate.

Alfredo