expecting to see a break down of ip traffic listed by the sflows.

HELP.

Thanks in advance.
Re: sflow issues on bsd [ In reply to ]
Eric,
the sFlow implementation is based on some packets captured with tcpdump
that I have decoded using the plugin, as I have no access to a real
switch. It might very well be that you're using a version of sFlow that
is not supported by ntop as it is too new. Can you please mail me some
sflow packets captured with tcpdump (tcpdump -n -s 1518 -w file.dump and
mail me the file.dump file)?

Thanks, Luca

Chua, Eric wrote:

>I have a bsd 4.9 computer with ntop 3.0. I am able to receive SFlows from
>my switch but when I look at NTOP, the reports only show the actual packet
>information of the flows and not what is in the flows. I was hoping to see
>all the traffic from the switch instead of statistics on the flows. I used
>the -F option to list my flow devices and I turned on sflow collecting in
>the plugin menu. Does anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong. I am
>expecting to see a break down of ip traffic listed by the sflows.
>
>HELP.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Luca Deri <deri@ntop.org> http://luca.ntop.org/
Hacker: someone who loves to program and enjoys being
clever about it - Richard Stallman
RE: sflow issues on bsd [ In reply to ]
For this issue, should I try a different platform? Would it make a
difference? Linux maybe?

RE: sflow issues on bsd [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Would a different OS like Linux make a difference? Would the Linux build
make a difference?

Thanks,

Re: sflow issues on bsd [ In reply to ]
Ric,
it won't change anything. You need to provide me the sFlows you receive
in order to let me debug the problem.

Cheers, Luca