Mailing List Archive

Re: [EXTERNAL] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs
Your family member can always check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/ and put in their address to get details on any network incidents affecting them. This info is also in the Xfinity app.

Jason

From: Outages <outages-bounces@outages.org> on behalf of Dustin Sneath via Outages <outages@outages.org>
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 21:49
To: "outages@outages.org" <outages@outages.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [outages] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs

Received via a family member who works for a School in the area, and confirmed by Comcast. Services down since 4:40PM CT with no current ETR.

Appears to affect a North/South line of communities stretching from O'Hare to Bridge view.

That's all the info I have; if anyone can provide anything more technical that would be appreciated.
Re: [EXTERNAL] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs [ In reply to ]
It is useless as an outage map, it just tells you "yep, it's out at your
specific address, sorry about that". We're talking about a potentially
widespread, infrastructure level issue affecting multiple towns... Not just
"my Internet is out at home".

Pretty sad when ComEd has you guys beat at, well, anything.

(I know, I know, take it to -discuss)

Re: [EXTERNAL] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs [ In reply to ]
Sorry you don’t like it. As I said you can also use the app - when I did so a few months ago when we had an outage (tree down) it gave me an ETR and sent me a text message with status updates. Feel free to take a look at this help article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage

I didn’t see any local outages in the HFC network near your location – so you may want to contact the tech support line for the Metro-E service for investigation.

Jason

From: Dustin Sneath <dsneath@elkgroveparks.org>
Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 13:18
To: Jason Livingood <Jason_Livingood@comcast.com>
Cc: "outages@outages.org" <outages@outages.org>

It is useless as an outage map, it just tells you "yep, it's out at your specific address, sorry about that". We're talking about a potentially widespread, infrastructure level issue affecting multiple towns... Not just "my Internet is out at home".

Pretty sad when ComEd has you guys beat at, well, anything.

(I know, I know, take it to -discuss)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2023, 12:04 PM Livingood, Jason <Jason_Livingood@comcast.com<mailto:Jason_Livingood@comcast.com>> wrote:
Your family member can always check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/__;!!CQl3mcHX2A!DwtPfg_BLfFIuwqa7xvwY4kt7jdSAGPphXAFW9f1292B-VGjVtQar2mby-1FgL3qD61QVdGRuxJWTTAarMNmu5eJxksv$> and put in their address to get details on any network incidents affecting them. This info is also in the Xfinity app.

Jason

From: Outages <outages-bounces@outages.org<mailto:outages-bounces@outages.org>> on behalf of Dustin Sneath via Outages <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>>
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 21:49
To: "outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>" <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>>

Re: [EXTERNAL] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs [ In reply to ]
Jason - does that map work for business outages or just residential?

Sent from my ? iPhone.

Casey Johnson
Colorado Interlink LLC
970.396.9478
________________________________
Sorry you don’t like it. As I said you can also use the app - when I did so a few months ago when we had an outage (tree down) it gave me an ETR and sent me a text message with status updates. Feel free to take a look at this help article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=xfinity.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cueGZpbml0eS5jb20vc3VwcG9ydC9hcnRpY2xlcy9jaGVjay1zZXJ2aWNlLW91dGFnZQ==&i=NWM2NmQ4MGVmMGQyZjYxNmUwOGU4ZDIw&t=L2hMU1grNVg2ejdSKzBOd1RacCtvU01naHA2ZG9SQWluRzliY1VRZDRXaz0=&h=f7d7f552a09f4684be9282b0980c3f92&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVa4W_XrGtx3Ajnr7Zxyq0IQZFZgu8f9tPFF4SoRdZDJkA>

From: Dustin Sneath <dsneath@elkgroveparks.org>
Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 13:18
To: Jason Livingood <Jason_Livingood@comcast.com>
Cc: "outages@outages.org" <outages@outages.org>

It is useless as an outage map, it just tells you "yep, it's out at your specific address, sorry about that". We're talking about a potentially widespread, infrastructure level issue affecting multiple towns... Not just "my Internet is out at home".

Pretty sad when ComEd has you guys beat at, well, anything.

(I know, I know, take it to -discuss)

On Thu, Sep 7, 2023, 12:04 PM Livingood, Jason <Jason_Livingood@comcast.com<mailto:Jason_Livingood@comcast.com>> wrote:

Your family member can always check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/<https://us-east-2.protection.sophos.com?d=urldefense.com&u=aHR0cHM6Ly91cmxkZWZlbnNlLmNvbS92My9fX2h0dHBzOi93d3cueGZpbml0eS5jb20vc3VwcG9ydC9zdGF0dXMtbWFwL19fOyEhQ1FsM21jSFgyQSFEd3RQZmdfQkxmRkl1d3FhN3h2d1k0a3Q3amRTQUdQcGhYQUZXOWYxMjkyQi1WR2pWdFFhcjJtYnktMUZnTDNxRDYxUVZkR1J1eEpXVFRBYXJNTm11NWVKeGtzdiQ=&i=NWM2NmQ4MGVmMGQyZjYxNmUwOGU4ZDIw&t=dTRxVUI2YlNoU3R1TWZyekZTRHpCS1N5Nzg2c0x4d2lWaWpRMWk5RDVkND0=&h=f7d7f552a09f4684be9282b0980c3f92&s=AVNPUEhUT0NFTkNSWVBUSVa4W_XrGtx3Ajnr7Zxyq0IQZFZgu8f9tPFF4SoRdZDJkA> and put in their address to get details on any network incidents affecting them. This info is also in the Xfinity app.

Jason

From: Outages <outages-bounces@outages.org<mailto:outages-bounces@outages.org>> on behalf of Dustin Sneath via Outages <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>>
Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 21:49
To: "outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>" <outages@outages.org<mailto:outages@outages.org>>

Re: [EXTERNAL] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs [ In reply to ]
Unless the app provides at least a number of connections affected, and
maybe an ETR and a ticket number, it's not going to be terribly useful to
the people who are the audience on the Outages list -- who are largely expected
to be people running networks

As the old comic says: "Press hard, you are making 30,000 copies."

If 30,000 people don't need their pagers to go off, it's time to move
the thread to -discuss.

Thanks,
-- jr '<admin/>' a

> Sorry you don’t like it. As I said you can also use the app - when I did so a
> few months ago when we had an outage (tree down) it gave me an ETR and sent me
> a text message with status updates. Feel free to take a look at this help
> article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/check-service-outage
>

> I didn’t see any local outages in the HFC network near your location – so you
> may want to contact the tech support line for the Metro-E service for
> investigation.
>

> Jason
>

> From: Dustin Sneath <dsneath@elkgroveparks.org>
> Date: Thursday, September 7, 2023 at 13:18
> To: Jason Livingood <Jason_Livingood@comcast.com>
> Cc: "outages@outages.org" <outages@outages.org>
> Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] [outages] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs
>

> It is useless as an outage map, it just tells you "yep, it's out at your
> specific address, sorry about that". We're talking about a potentially
> widespread, infrastructure level issue affecting multiple towns... Not just "my
> Internet is out at home".
>

> Pretty sad when ComEd has you guys beat at, well, anything.
>

> (I know, I know, take it to -discuss)
>

> On Thu, Sep 7, 2023, 12:04 PM Livingood, Jason < Jason_Livingood@comcast.com >
> wrote:
>

> Your family member can always check https://www.xfinity.com/support/status-map/
> and put in their address to get details on any network incidents affecting
> them. This info is also in the Xfinity app.
>

> Jason
>

> From: Outages < outages-bounces@outages.org > on behalf of Dustin Sneath via
> Outages < outages@outages.org >
> Date: Wednesday, September 6, 2023 at 21:49
> To: " outages@outages.org " < outages@outages.org >
> Subject: [EXTERNAL] [outages] Comcast Metro-E Chicago and Suburbs
>

> Received via a family member who works for a School in the area, and confirmed
> by Comcast. Services down since 4:40PM CT with no current ETR.
>

> Appears to affect a North/South line of communities stretching from O'Hare to
> Bridge view.
>

> That's all the info I have; if anyone can provide anything more technical that
> would be appreciated.

Jay R. Ashworth Baylink jra@baylink.com
Designer The Things I Think RFC 2100
Ashworth & Associates http://www.bcp38.info 2000 Land Rover DII
St Petersburg FL USA BCP38: Ask For It By Name! +1 727 647 1274