Mailing List Archive

Zayo - Western Chicago Suburbs - Packetloss
Anyone heard of Zayo issues in Chicago this week?  I've had steadily
increasing packet loss, now reaching about 30%, and lower ingress speed
on my Zayo Circuit from various internet destinations over the last 48
hours.  Especially with GRE and HTTPS traffic.  I've had a ticket open
with zayo since yesterday morning but they have 0 updates.  I can ping
the Gateway address, and another zayo address with no loss, so it does
not appear to be related to the physical circuit.  Outbound traffic sent
via Zayo does not appear to have any issues reaching destinations.

As the day has gone on, there have been more customer complaints from
customers using VPN Connections, and HTTPS (O365) apps over the zayo
circuit.  As soon as I migrate Customer IP blocks off the Zayo circuit
for ingress, customers report things improve.

Between my Windstream and Zayo connection, I can get almost full
bandwidth with a native iperf, but only 5mb/s through a GRE tunnel.
Before 3 days ago, this would function normally.

Traceroutes appear to show direct connections between zayo and my other
providers, but I'm seeing the issue across multiple providers, as well
as upstream from Zayo.  The fact that there have been no updates from
zayo lead me to believe that either they're working on a bigger problem,
and don't know what it is yet, or this issue is too hard and nobody
want's to tackle the ticket.

Nate