Mailing List Archive

Azure: Storage account outage in us-east
Just got off the phone with Microsoft. They’re seeing widespread outages on storage accounts in us-east. The incident started at 0400Z. As of right now, they’re still investigating. No ETR.

—Dj
Re: Azure: Storage account outage in us-east [ In reply to ]
Here’s the latest from Microsoft:

The product team has determined that underlying storage resources within a scale unit in the region experienced an issue and became unavailable. As the resources began to recover, an increase in traffic was directed to these resources (from retries and concurrent ongoing requests) and has resulted in additional storage request latency. This could impact additional resources that rely on storage resources in this region.

Currently, we are investigating steps to fully recover the resources in the scale unit to help mitigate impact. Additionally, we are investigating additional balancing of traffic by shifting resources to other scale units, and are continuing to monitor service health and have observed improvements. The next update will be provided in 60 minutes or as events warrant.

—Dj

Re: Azure: Storage account outage in us-east [ In reply to ]
Thank you for this!

------------------------------

*Michael B. Williams *
Glexia - An IT Company

Book a Meeting With Me <https://calendly.com/glexia-michael-williams>

USA Direct: +1 978 477 6797
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B19784776797>
USA Toll Free: +1 800 675 0297
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B18006750297>x101
AUS Direct: +61 3 8594 2265
AUS Toll Free: +61 1800 931 724
<http://voice.google.com/calls?a=nc,%2B611800931724>x101
Fax: +1.815-301-5570

Michael.Williams@glexia.com
Michael.Williams@secure.glexia.com (High-Security Correspondence)
https://www.glexia.com/
Legal Notice:
The information in this electronic mail message is the sender's
confidential business and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee(s). Access to this internet electronic mail message by
anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any
disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be
taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: Azure: Storage account outage in us-east [ In reply to ]
Is it really necessary to have a 25 line email signature with every method
of contact possible, for a one line response to a mailing list.

Best

sjm